Yasin PatelConsultant Barrister | Sports Law
- Acted in the leading case on match fixing and corruption when he acted for the Pakistan Test Cricket Captain before CAS under a hearing conducted under the ICC rules.
- Acted for an international England cricketer in a spot fixing case and subsequent appeal in a case brought by the ECB which involved hearings before CAS and the High Court in London;
- Acted for Pakistan Cricket Players in a spot fixing case under the ICC rules in Doha;
- Acted for English domestic and international cricketers, Bangladeshi cricketers and Bangladeshi cricket club owners in relation to corruption and anti-bribery charges brought against them under the ICC rules.
- Acted for the Chairman of the Indian Premier League in relation to corruption charges brought against him in India and the United Kingdom.
- Acted for Indian Cricket players who were banned from participating in the Indian Cricket League which was a league not recognised by the ICC. This involved ICC rules, BCCI rules and the Indian National Law in conjunction with the advice given by lawyers in India.
- Advised a South African Cricket Player in relation to his match fixing ban given by Cricket South Africa (CSA) heard under the CSA rules.
- Acted for a young tennis player and his family on an anti-racism case before CAS brought against the LTA for discrimination and racism as a result of the young player being banned from taking part in all international tennis tournaments.
- Acted for an Iranian wrestler who was accused of suing performance enhancing drugs and was subsequently banned from competing in all international tournaments.
- Advised sporting bodies such as the Dutch Football Association on writing their Anti-Racism Rules, policies, initiatives and laws;
- Advised the Northern Irish Football Association as their Anti-Racism rules, policies and initiatives;
- Advised the Sri Lankan Cricket Board in relation to player’s rights
- Advised leading International Sportsmen and Sportswomen on their Image Rights;
- Advised leading International Sportsmen and Sportswomen on their playing contracts;
- Advising International Athletes on Compromise Agreements when leaving clubs;
- Advising Sports Agents on disputes arising from breaches of their representation agreement;
- Acting for agents in disputes which involved non-payment of agency fees;
- Acting for high profile media personalities in cases where defamatory statements have been made;
- Acting for clients in the media in relation to their contractual disputes.
We pride ourselves in providing clear, realistic and professional advice on all types of criminal matters.
Our solicitors are aware of the emotional sensitivities surrounding many cases in family law ensuring utmost confidentiality.
The complexities of Immigration Law in the UK is one of the most common reasons for clients all over the United Kingdom to contact us.
Our Civil Litigation team can provide you with Advice and Assistance should you ever find yourself involved in a dispute.
Landlord & Tenant
We are experienced and skilled at dealing with both contentious and non-contentious aspects of Landlord and Tenant Law.
Wills & Probate
Our skilled professionals will help you to navigate the many nuances of dealing with wills, an estate and probate.
Years of experience in advising high profile athletes.